Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM
Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM is a camera glass that provides autofocus and manual focus options. It has lens elements that are coated to enhance the quality of the image produced. The lens has a wide aperture and is built with high-quality materials, making it durable. The lens has a good resolution and can produce a good bokeh effect. The lens is suitable for full-frame cameras and is an alternative to other lenses in the same range. The manufacturing time of the lens is not mentioned.
– Great value for the price. This lens is definitely a top contender for those who are budget-conscious but still want a high-quality zoom lens in their arsenal.
– Good build quality and design. The lens feels solid in your hand, and it’s well-balanced when mounted on a camera body. It also has a nice, smooth focus and zoom ring, which makes it easy to adjust your settings on-the-fly.
– Good image quality, especially when stopped down to f/5.6 and above. The sharpness and clarity of your images are top-notch in the majority of shooting circumstances.
– Versatile focal range. With a zoom range of 24-70mm, this lens can capture a wide range of subjects and scenes, from wide-angle landscapes to portraits.
– Softness at wide apertures. As mentioned in other reviews, this lens can be a bit soft when shooting at apertures below f/4.0. This can make it challenging to capture crisp, detailed images in low-light situations or when shooting at shallow depths-of-field.
– Some noticeable distortion at the wide-angle end. Depending on your shooting angle, you may notice some distortion around the edges of your image when shooting at the wide end of the focal range. While not necessarily a major downside, it’s something to be aware of when framing your shots.
Overall, the Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM camera lens is an excellent option for photographers who want a quality zoom lens but don’t want to break the bank. While it’s not perfect, its versatility, build quality, and good image quality make it a worthwhile investment for many photographers out there.
Bright lens thanks to the high aperture value It is a ring-type ultrasonic motor designed to provide quick and silent focusing. Has 9 aperture blades, with this amount of aperture blades you will be satisfied with the result.
82 mm lens filter diameter, finding lens in this range can be expensieve consider using Cokin system if you really need one. 94 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag. Weights 790 grams so it is a heavy lens, consider using its own lens bag.
9.0 allphotolenses.com user rated as 4.69/5
Ebay.com rated as 4.88/5
Ebay.com Jun 09, 2010 –
A Top Macro Macro Lens! The Sigma 70mm f2.8 DG EX macro is among the best 4 best macro lenses in the world: Canon 100mm f2.8L IS, Nikon 105mm f2.8 VR Micro and probably the sharpest one Sigma 150 f2.8 DG EX macro. Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG (special color corrected multi-coating and designed for any format APS or full-frame sensors) is absolutely sharp with great “bokeh” for macro shots and also portraits (sometimes too sharp for portraits). It fits very well in the APS cameras as a 100 or 112mm macro for that perfect distance in flowers & insects shots or as a super fast portrait lens. Fitted in a full-frame you’ll get a great all purpose macro, landscape, portrait lens. I have had them all and I kept the 70mm and 150mm Sigmas. Since them I’m always ready for any kind of product, portrait and macro shooting. I’m a professional photographer based in NYC with 3 decades of experience.
Ebay.com Dec 08, 2015 –
Better than expected! Highly recommended to me by a trusted professional photographer and friend. I wanted to purchase the best quality lens for shooting close up music videos of performers. This was the perfect lens for the task and the quality exceeded my expectations both in build and video capture! LOVE IT!
Ebay.com Oct 11, 2017 –
Great Value This is a great lens for the price and sharp! I have not used a Nikon 24-70mm but I don’t need to after owning this. Maybe when I am making more money I’ll check out the Nikon. Until then this will be just fine. It is a bit heavy and I wish it had a 77mm thread instead of 82mm. I think it is possible to achieve exceptional results with this lens. It suffers a bit of vignetting in the corners and barrel distortion but any problem like that is easily fixed when processing the RAW file. I’m sure the Nikon probably edges it out in overall edge-to-edge sharpness but I’m happy with what I can capture with this lens, with money to spare for filters and accident coverage.
Ebay.com Jun 05, 2013 –
Half the price of the Nikon 24-70, but still is an amazing lens. I purchased this lens for my Full Frame Nikon D600, to use for portraits, as it was half the price of the Nikkor lens. This lens is tack sharp, has beautiful Bokeh, and a decent focal range.
My only negative would be that it has some weird distortion sometimes when shooting something with straight lines, but it could be just the way I’m shooting and has not caused any issue.
Overall I am very pleased with this lens, it takes amazing pictures with my D600.
Ebay.com Jul 05, 2016 –
Great value zoom lens for the budget conscious. Excellent zoom lens for the price. A bit soft on focus below 4.0, but crisp from 5.6 up. Good weight and well balanced.