Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM
Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM is a camera glass that provides autofocus and manual focus options. It has lens elements that are coated to enhance the quality of the image produced. The lens has a wide aperture and is built with high-quality materials, making it durable. The lens has a good resolution and can produce a good bokeh effect. The lens is suitable for full-frame cameras and is an alternative to other lenses in the same range. The manufacturing time of the lens is not mentioned.
– Great value for the price. This lens is definitely a top contender for those who are budget-conscious but still want a high-quality zoom lens in their arsenal.
– Good build quality and design. The lens feels solid in your hand, and it’s well-balanced when mounted on a camera body. It also has a nice, smooth focus and zoom ring, which makes it easy to adjust your settings on-the-fly.
– Good image quality, especially when stopped down to f/5.6 and above. The sharpness and clarity of your images are top-notch in the majority of shooting circumstances.
– Versatile focal range. With a zoom range of 24-70mm, this lens can capture a wide range of subjects and scenes, from wide-angle landscapes to portraits.
– Softness at wide apertures. As mentioned in other reviews, this lens can be a bit soft when shooting at apertures below f/4.0. This can make it challenging to capture crisp, detailed images in low-light situations or when shooting at shallow depths-of-field.
– Some noticeable distortion at the wide-angle end. Depending on your shooting angle, you may notice some distortion around the edges of your image when shooting at the wide end of the focal range. While not necessarily a major downside, it’s something to be aware of when framing your shots.
Overall, the Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM camera lens is an excellent option for photographers who want a quality zoom lens but don’t want to break the bank. While it’s not perfect, its versatility, build quality, and good image quality make it a worthwhile investment for many photographers out there.
Bright lens thanks to the high aperture value Has 9 aperture blades, with this amount of aperture blades you will be satisfied with the result. It is a ring-type ultrasonic motor designed to provide quick and silent focusing.
Weights 790 grams so it is a heavy lens, consider using its own lens bag. 82 mm lens filter diameter, finding lens in this range can be expensieve consider using Cokin system if you really need one. 94 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag.