Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fisheye
The Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fisheye is a camera glass that provides an ultra-wide fisheye perspective. It has a manual focus system which requires the user to adjust the focus ring to get a sharp image. The lens has 12 elements in 8 groups to provide high-quality optics. The lens coating is NCS which helps to reduce ghosting and flare. The build quality of the lens is good with a sturdy construction. The lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.8 which allows more light to enter the camera and helps in low light situations. The resolution of the lens is high and provides sharp images.
Alternative lenses for this type of perspective include rectilinear wide-angle lenses which provide a more natural perspective but don’t have the fisheye distortion. The bokeh of this lens is not a major factor as it is designed to capture a wide-angle view. The manufacturing time of the lens is not mentioned.
Sure, here’s an enriched review of the Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fisheye camera lens:
– The lens captures a unique, ultra-wide angle view that’s perfect for landscape and architectural photography.
– The f/2.8 aperture is fast and allows for low light shooting without needing to bump up the ISO too much.
– The lens is well-built and feels durable in the hand.
– The price is quite affordable compared to other fisheye lenses in the market.
– The fisheye effect can be a bit much for some people, and it may not be suitable for all types of photography.
– The lens is quite large and heavy, which may be a downside for those who prioritize portability.
– The lack of autofocus may be a dealbreaker for some.
Overall, the Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fisheye camera lens is a great choice for photographers who want to experiment with a unique fisheye look without breaking the bank. The lens is well-built and performs admirably in low light, but the large size and lack of autofocus may turn some photographers away. Ultimately, it’s a solid option that should be on the radar for anyone in the market for a fisheye lens.
Has 7 aperture blades, mid-grade lenses usually have this amount of blades. Having rounded blades provides out of focus circle shape closer to a circle. Bright lens thanks to the high aperture value
72 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag. Weights 515 grams so plan ahead, carry only if really necessary.