Minolta AF 28-75mm f/2.8 D
This camera glass has a good build quality and is made with high-quality lens elements that provide sharp images. The lens coating helps to reduce ghosting and flares, which can be a common problem in some photographic lenses. It has a fast aperture of f/2.8, which allows for low light photography and creates a shallow depth of field for nice bokeh. This photo lens is an autofocus lens, but can also be used in manual focus mode. The lens is manufactured for full frame cameras, but can also be used on crop sensor cameras with some limitations. The lens has been available for a while, but still remains a popular choice due to its good resolution and versatility. There are alternative lenses available in the market, but this lens is a good option for those who want a high-quality zoom lens with a fast aperture.
– Well-built tank-like construction, feels sturdy in the hand.
– Great zoom range from 28mm to 75mm, allowing for versatility in shooting.
– Fast f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, making it ideal for low-light photography and achieving shallow depth of field.
– Very sharp at all focal lengths except at 70mm f/2.8, which can be easily compensated by stepping up to f/3.2.
– Softness at 70mm f/2.8, but as noted above, this can be easily fixed by closing down the aperture to f/3.2.
– Focus can be slow and noisy, which may pose a challenge in some situations.
– No image stabilization, which may cause some blurring at lower shutter speeds when hand-held.
Overall, the Minolta AF 28-75mm f/2.8 D camera lens is a great option for photographers seeking a reliable and versatile zoom lens. It’s built like a tank, has a fast aperture and a useful range, and delivers sharp images. The softness at 70mm f/2.8 is only a minor issue and can be easily fixed. However, the slow and noisy focus, as well as the lack of image stabilization, may not be ideal for certain situations. Nevertheless, it’s a solid lens that’s worth adding to any photographer’s kit.
Has 7 aperture blades, mid-grade lenses usually have this amount of blades. Having rounded blades provides out of focus circle shape closer to a circle. Bright lens thanks to the high aperture value
With a lens filter diameter of 67 mm commonly filter size, gives you a variety of filter options. 127 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag. Weights 510 grams so plan ahead, carry only if really necessary.