Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8
The Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8 is a camera glass that provides a wide angle view for full frame cameras. It has a bright aperture value and 7 aperture blades, which provide a decent bokeh effect. The lens is lightweight, weighing 285 grams, and has a 72mm filter diameter. Its length is 53mm, so it is easy to carry around. The lens has an auto focus feature and can also be manually focused. It is made up of several lens elements that provide excellent resolution. The lens has a coating that protects it from scratches and other damages. The lens was manufactured in the past, so it may not be available in the market. However, there are alternatives available that provide similar features. The build quality of the lens is good and it can last for a long time if taken care of properly.
– Good build quality with a solid feel and weight to it
– Fast f/2.8 aperture, which is great for low-light photography
– Good sharpness in the center of the frame, even at wider apertures
– Nice, wide field of view for landscape and architectural photography
– Autofocus is speedy and accurate
– The lens sold to me was not as described – it had light scratches on the front glass and an obvious dent on the filter ring
– Sharpness falls off significantly towards the edges of the frame
– Distortion is present, but can be corrected in post-processing
– Chromatic aberration is noticeable in high contrast areas
Overall, the Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8 is a decent lens with some caveats. While it has good build quality and a fast aperture, buyers should be wary of getting a lens with scratches or dents, as this can affect image quality. Additionally, the lens’s sharpness and distortion issues may be limiting for some photographers. Nonetheless, it’s a good lens for those who need a wide angle of view and don’t mind post-processing to correct issues.
Bright lens thanks to the high aperture value Has 7 aperture blades, mid-grade lenses usually have this amount of blades. Having rounded blades provides out of focus circle shape closer to a circle.
72 mm lens filter diameter, commonly filter size, you have plenty of possibilities this lens deserves a good quality filter. 53 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag. Weights 285 grams so consider putting to your camera bag.