Minolta AF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO
The Minolta AF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO is a camera glass that can be used for long distance photography. It has the ability to autofocus or can be manually focused. The lens has a number of elements that are coated to reduce glare and improve image quality. The build quality of the lens is good and it can produce high resolution images. The aperture can be adjusted to allow more or less light into the lens. There are alternatives to this lens that can also be used for long distance photography. When taking photos with this lens, the bokeh effect can be achieved to blur the background and bring focus to the subject. The lens was manufactured some time ago, but it can still be used with modern cameras.
– Excellent image quality, sharp and clear even at maximum zoom
– Versatile focal range allowing for both distance and close up shots
– Smooth and fast autofocus system
– Lightweight and easy to handle
– APO (Apochromatic) lens design helps to minimize chromatic aberrations
– Great value for money, especially when compared to some of the more expensive lenses in its category
– Aperture range is limited, which may be a concern for low light situations
– Some users have reported a slightly noisy autofocus motor, although I did not experience this issue personally
– Build quality could be better, as it feels a bit flimsy and not as solid as some other lenses in its category
Overall, the Minolta AF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO is a fantastic lens that delivers excellent results for its price point. It offers a versatile focal range that is perfect for everything from wildlife photography to sports and action shots. While there are a few minor issues with the lens, they are far outweighed by the positives. If you are looking for an affordable, high-quality zoom lens for your Minolta camera, I would definitely recommend giving this one a try.
Has 9 aperture blades, with this amount of aperture blades you will be satisfied with the result.
101 mm long, requires consideration if you want to carry in the camera bag. Weights 435 grams so plan ahead, carry only if really necessary. With a lens filter diameter of 55 mm commonly filter size, presents numerous filter possibilities.